Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sumitomo adventures

Today I got my test back from Tuesday; the grade was not too bad. I thought I did really spectacularly poorly but actually I got a mid-high B. I hope it translates into an A for the grade that will affect my GPA, because that final exam is averaged with the attendance and homework grades.

My throat hurts today, and I left my water bottle at home! So I had to buy some drinks. I found a vending machine that makes drinks right in front of me, and I got a banana smoothie, mmm. But later I had to get a bottle of water because my throat still hurt and the banana drink was all gone.

The bird on our porch is dead. It looked pretty lifeless this morning. :( Its siblings are quite lively, though. Namiko-san went to bury the bird in the park after dinner.

Lunchtime brought another neat concert; the Kanda Step Team! I took some videos. This one is particularly hilarious.




Instead of going to Akihabara after lunch, I decided to climb the stairs of the Sumitomo building, as practice for Mt. Fuji. All of my other friends were working out too, so I just did my own special workout. :) There were 27 floors. I took a break at floor 15 to call Sachi and Ethan to tell them I could see them on the soccer field even all the way across the highway. But the stairwell was really hot if I wasn't moving, so I quickly picked up the pace.

I made it to the top in only about 15-20 minutes (minus the phone call) and saw the awesome view. But again, the longer I was motionless, the sweatier I got! So I quickly headed down the stairs, since I will have to climb down Mt. Fuji and I need those muscles too. :D

Here's the view looking down the railing; 26 flights can be seen. :)




Kanda University from above

The view of Chiba

Sachi and Ethan playing soccer on the Kanda fields



After climbing back down, I hung out in the air-conditioned IES Center on the 3rd floor of the Sumitomo building. It took an hour for me to cool down completely, haha. It was a good time to check email. Ethan and I worked on our plans for the Mt. Fuji trip.



The sky from the train.

When I finally got home, the sky was even more beautiful!

Namiko-san made my favorite meal tonight, hiyashichuka!

3 comments:

  1. Those skyline pictures are gorgeous. Also, 26 flights of stairs is pretty epic. I bet going down the stairs was more fun than going up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but on the actual mountain, going up was easier than coming down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the exam! Also, the dead bird is mildly sad, but I'm glad to hear its siblings are still alive and kicking.

    ReplyDelete