Sunday, July 25, 2010

English lesson and relaxing. :)

Today was a really good day. I woke up at around 9am to go teach English lessons to the Moriyama's neighbor boy, Koki. It was a very nice apartment and a nice family. I hope Koki learned some English and I'm teaching him again tomorrow evening.

A picture of Koki. He's about 12 years old.

His family has an older sister and a very tiny, 2-month-old baby! He was really adorable. When he finally fell asleep, the other two children took pictures of him with their Nintendos, haha.

How cute! His mom was so nice. The sister was great too but she was too shy for pictures.

They invited me to stay for lunch and we all ate sushi. Then the mom cooked a dish with squid filled with rice that was actually sweet. I loved it.

I stayed at their house until 3, learning some Japanese, speaking some English, talking about America and Japan, and showing them my blog. They gave me some really yummy tea to take back to America. :)

When I got back to my host family's apartment (the next building over), I took a much-needed nap, then relaxed for the rest of the day. I did some packing after dinner, though; how sad.

At my house we had a great dinner. I wish I could take a picture of how it smelled!

A funny game show video:

The people were at a 100 yen store (~$1 store) and trying to figure out which things were 100 yen or not. This one guy, dressed as a woman, had a funny sound he makes when concentrating I guess. ;)

1 comment:

  1. CUTE BABY!!! Also, congrats on being a teacher. I hope you feel charmed.

    ReplyDelete