Sunday, July 4, 2010

Party Day!

Today my host family had a great party. :D It wasn't for Independence Day; it was just the most convenient day, haha. At 12:50 I walked to the station to pick up Ethan, the sole friend of mine who wasn't ill or homesick or working or another-excuse! It was a really fun party with a bunch of Tomoaki's work friends and their families. :)

We ate okonomiyaki and really yummy tako-yaki (octopus dough balls).

These friends read my blog. :D

 Okonomiyaki! 

 Ethan's first umeboshi. SOUR!


 
Making takoyaki


 

 The baby fell asleep in the middle of the room even though it was so loud, haha. Midway through the party, I got a major headache that didn't go away with three Ibuprofen, so I took a short nap. I didn't feel better right away, but towards the end of the party the headache went away. :) 
 People drank a whole recycling-bin-full of beer and sake, haha.

The kids were a lot of fun. :) It was nice to see Takumi having a lot of fun. I haven't gotten to play with many little girls yet so playing with a 5-year-old and a 1-year-old was neat. Their dad frequently has to come home on the last train of the night (midnight-ish) because his job is so hard. :( They all had to leave at around 9:30pm because of work the next day. Still, a party from 1:30-9:30 was a long time! It was really fun!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it was fun. Sorry more of your friends could make it. I'm sure they would have had a good time!
    Did you ever figure out what caused that terrible headache?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I think it's really funny that the adults drank that much beer despite the event being like a children's party. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a bangin' party! :D My twin brother and little sister are reading over my shoulder now and getting a little taste of your Japan awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete