Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wheelbarrows, the beach, chocosake, and nature

Today I overslept big time! But I managed to make it to class almost on time. The real reason why I was a little late was because my Suica card (train pass) malfunctioned in the station a little bit, so I couldn't get through quickly. It was pouring rain today, but it cleared up during my long class. :)

There was a fun concert during lunch, much like yesterday! One band played Nickleback songs, haha. The second band played Rihanna's "Umbrella" and Gaga's "Poker Face," and the lead singer took his shirt off. First band:
Second band video! I think their mic wasn't on, or maybe my camera malfunctioned. 


If that wasn't entertaining enough, there were these hilarious college students pushing each other around in wheelbarrows and tipping each other out. Shortly after this picture was taken, the guy (who is in two wheelbarrows at once) was dumped on his face. ;) 




After lunch, some friends and I went to the Aeon and I found what I have looked for for quite awhile!!

 YUMMM.

Robaato-san and I went to the beach and I drank the chocosake. :D The water was so cool and my hair got full of salt just like at home. I was sad to see a lot of small trash in the water. It wasn't nearly as bad as the amount of trash you can see along the Snow's Cut Bridge in Wilmington but I expected better from Tokyo, I suppose. I was told that there is no trash on the ground in Tokyo but that's not true either. However, the streets are VERY clean for such a huge city. I frequently see solitary volunteers picking up little bits of paper from the sidewalk with sticks and bags. Occasionally I walk by a drain that smells like Mexico City's water, which makes me a little sad.
I also saw these and wanted to buy them. <3 Seal pillows!


On my walk home, I see a ton of wild animals. :) Here is a turtle in the pond and a heron, I think.
The fish are huge!


I actually see a ton of crabs by the water in the park! I forget sometimes that it is ocean/brackish water. But when I first saw a crab here, I thought it was Shelob, the world's scariest spider.

 

I didn't have too many adventures today other than going to the beach and seeing that concert. I was so tired when I got home, though. 

The view from my apartment tonight. I love Tokyo. <3



2 comments:

  1. Your apartment view is really nice :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny seeing the wildlife photos because I always think of Japan as really, really crowded. But then I remember that that's just the cities, and it's because a huge portion of Japan is uninhabitable, so of course there's wildlife. And of course there's parks in the cities. Lol

    ReplyDelete