Sunday, May 30, 2010

Packing (rhymes with nerve-wracking)




I've been packing for DAYS now and I am still worried that I've forgotten things! But after charging up my camera in preparation for the trip, I decided to take a few Packing Photos to document this crucial part of my trip.
My bag to be checked. I have most of my clothes and all of my Mt. Fuji climbing gear in this bag. Yes, that is a box of salmon; my mom insisted that it would make a perfect gift to my Japanese host family, because the Japanese eat a lot of seafood. I also have my pepper spray and ethernet cord. And no trip is complete without fruit snacks!
The room in disarray! Actually this is way, way cleaner than it was earlier today. On the right you can see the flat duffel bag that I am stuffing into my checked bag so that I can check two bags on the way home. :)







 My carry-on bag, other than my backpack, which can be seen above. I've got everything I'll need for the three-day orientation and some snacks! I'm bringing an Obama poster as a gift to my host family because Obama is hugely popular in Japan (even more than in the US, I believe) and I think they might want a piece of history. :D It would be really funny if I got the only Japanese family that doesn't like Obama, though.







A photo of mini-Caroline to show to my host family. 子供の時、とても小さかったです!

That's all for now. The next time I post, I'll either be in the airport or in Japan! I leave for RDU hotel tomorrow afternoon, and then early Tuesday morning is my flight to New York and then the big 12-hour flight. :) I CAN'T WAIT.

4 comments:

  1. I love how an Obama poster is a big deal over there. Also, LITTLE CAROLINE HOW CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obama is serious business Steven, someday you shall learn.

    I love how OCD you are about documentation (kind of like me on my India trip except way worse) that you even took pictures of how you packed your suitcases! That's so cute!

    Will Salmon really last a plane flight without going bad? ;O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least, I think it will be a cool present to give an Obama poster. We shall see, maybe they already have Obama wallpaper... which would be amazing. But they probably don't. :)

    I hadn't made a post in like 9 days and I was getting antsy, because so much is happening!

    Don't worry about the salmon, A-meto (アーメト); it hasn't ever been refrigerated because it's smoked and in a sealed bag. It's not meant to be refrigerated until it has been opened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, Steven: little Caroline was an adorable but poorly behaved child who did not understand most social cues and enjoyed playing with dirt, Legos, and dirt-Legos combinations. :)

    ReplyDelete